CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Little Girl's All Grown Up

Contribution by Stevie Kirby

Gosh, I get really nervous when I think about my little girl growing up and moving out into her own place. It seems like just yesterday she was 10 years old but now she can drive and is about to graduate college and get her own place! Her mother and I bought a house for her to move into so she wouldn’t have to worry about rent those first few years and I think she’s really grateful. It’s in a great part of town and we got her a ALLhomesecurity.com/ security system so I wouldn’t be the anxious father, at least anymore than I already am. She tells me I’m smothering her and I need to let her go but it’s tough when you raise a kid for eighteen years and then all of a sudden they become an adult! I guess I better get used to it since I’ve got 3 more young ones behind her and they’re all going to go through the exact same thing. I know they’re dreading my reaction to it!

1 comments:

Erin said...

Kim,
I'm just dropping by from voiceBoks. I have 6 kids with only one left at home. I never get used to having them leave the nest and I think about them everyday!! It's a beautiful thing, as a mama, to watch them take flight on there own!
Blessings,
~Erin

Post a Comment